My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Stalag CBC

When they first started in big with the security guards at the Jarvis Street facility in Toronto employees starting calling the place "Stalag CBC."

I thought about that today when I heard a manager comparing the atmosphere inside the Broadcast Centre to Nazi Germany. Apparently the Senior Managers are brooking no dissent. If you're a manager, you must toe the party line. No talking back. No hard questions. No dissent whatsoever.

So here's the trick if you're a manager inside Stalag CBC right now. You must walk a tightrope between placating the current fascist regime, and being able to elude a lynching when this thing is all over. No mean feat, and there are a few managers I'm aware of right now that will not survive post-war CBC.

Because you know the current senior management team is toast. It's only a matter of time until they face a reckoning for their actions. And when they go, they will take a lot of people with them.

Collaborators, if you will.

If you are a manager inside and you've done what you were asked to do and nothing more, then maybe you stand a chance of surviving post-war CBC. If I were you, I would get out to the line and check on your employees. Pick up the horn and call a few of them. But you'd best be sincere or such tactics will blow up in your face. Even if sincere, you'd best prepare for some frosty receptions. People are anxious, depressed and pissed.

Good luck.

As bad as it is out here...

... I'm glad I'm not you.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Frankly, if you hadn't posted Anton's comments, I wouldn't have read them....

you're one of my fave bloggers!

5:26 PM  
Blogger cbcworkerbee said...

Hey thanks... maybe I'll keep at it, then... :-)

5:35 PM  
Blogger CBC Drone said...

Right on Bee! These cowardly collaborators should know what we think of them. Buzz on...

8:23 PM  
Blogger cbcworkerbee said...

Thanks Drone... glad to hear you passed your tests.

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Nazis were the people who killed my grandparents and much of my father's family.
I find it offensive to refer to CBC managers, who I loath as much as anyone, as Nazis.

1:28 AM  
Blogger cbcworkerbee said...

I respect that many people harbour difficult memories because of nazi actions. Replace the word nazi with the more generic "fascist", then.

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home