My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Recipe Time

Sadly, senior management remains out to lunch, but there's no reason why we should go hungry while they feast on the remains of public broadcasting.

Behold, some lockout recipes from locked out fiddle players, bloggers and more:

The first, from violin virtuoso Laurence:

"This one's a no-brainer and thus perfect for a Scot. It's also my favourite comfort food as my waistline demonstrates:

Take 2 potatoes and one sweet potato/yam. put them in the microwave and cook. (There's usually a preset of some kind. At least there has been on my last 2 microwaves.)Put in a pot and mash with butter, milk and seasoning. Maybe Cajun seasoning to remind us of the wonders of New Orleans.Serve.And then make some more for whoever else is around.........."

This next isn't a recipe per se, but rather the snack food of choice for one Tod Maffin, while he's putting together the Champion of all Lockout Blogs:

"Microwave popcorn. The breakfast of champions. ;-) " writes Tod.

Thanks Tod!

Blogger Cindy in Yellowknife (who got the ball rolling on the Canadian Broadcasting Cookbook) writes:

"Hey, I've already got two recipes:

Pineapple Coconut muffins

And the original lock-out muffins, Banana Zucchini Chocolate chip

These are so good, they're gone within the hour whenever I make them for the picket line. Remember the lock-out muffin motto: "Can't fight The Man on an empty stomach!"

Coming soon, I've been promised recipes from blogger (and radio host) Philly M:

"hey workerbee, I'm on it - lobio tkemali and 3-ginger applesauce cookies coming up ASAP. "

...and the infamous Tessa, who writes...

"CBCWorkerbee, I am thinking about my recipe. Though that’s a toughie, as my appetite’s plummeted since the lockout began and I’ve developed horrendous eating habits. (Last week there was a day in which my sustenance consisted of a glass of milk and a hunk of cheese.)"

Keep 'em comin', folks... I get real hungry writing these posts. And better yet, whip'em up and bring them to the picket line.

Here's mine, before I get on with my life:

"Lock Out Choc Out"

1" square of Parawax (half of 1 block)
Enough chocolate chips to cover Parawax (aprox 8 oz)
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup icing sugar
2 1/2 cups Rice Krispies

Using double boiler, melt Parawax. Cover Parawax with chocolate chips and melt. Turn off heat. Add peanut butter and melt. Add icing sugar and stir. Add Rice Krispies and stir. Put in 9X11 pan. Refrigerate 10 minutes. Cut, then eat. Digest, then eat more. Repeat.

You can omit the Parawax if you like, and you don't really have to use a double boiler.

Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home