My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Rabinovitch Should Resign

Oh gee, did I say that already?

My bad.

Tomorrow is my sixteen hour picket day. I phoned a friend on the nightshift yesterday. He did sixteen hours on Tuesday. He laughed when I said I was doing it tomorrow. A sad, maniacal kind of laugh.

We spoke about the nightshift. They're a different breed, the night shift. Hardier. Grittier. Sleepier. Oddly, my friend hadn't heard about the famous Krista and Fred memo. He also subscribed to the notion that this lockout is all about saving the corporation money in wages, and that when the corporation has saved enough money, it'll be over. He wasn't familiar with the union busting theory. I suggested this theory to my friend. "Nah," he scoffed. "It's all about saving dough." He sounded distracted... I could hear some kind of sporting event on the tv in the background. I mentioned the blogs. He said he wasn't up on them. I told him I was doing one. There was a long pause in which it sounded like somebody scored. "Well, the waiter should have taken it back," he told me.

So I probably won't post tomorrow until after midnight. I guess technically that would be the day after tomorrow. Until then, I highly recommend you keep yourself entertained with Matt Watt's blog. Start right from the beginning (it begins a few months before the lockout) and read the whole thing right through.

Really.

See you tomorrow, if you're out there.

I'll be the one with the hat.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your right I laughed alot at the Matt Watt's blog, great writer.

12:17 AM  
Blogger cbcworkerbee said...

Couldn't agree more.

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home