My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

The Punchline

You might be surprised to learn that Rabinovitch and company have been kind enough to submit a recipe of their own to our food fight. It's a little something called:

A Recipe For Disaster

Ingredients:

1 hapless public broadcasting corporation
5500 employees
half a dozen self-serving senior managers
many frightened middle managers
1 apathetic federal government
1 bemused national media

Place the self-serving senior managers in charge of the hapless public broadcasting corporation. Limit their vision until thoroughly shortsighted. Stir in frightened middle managers until completely brainwashed. Kick the 5500 employees the hell out onto the street. Keep the apathetic federal government apart indefinitely. Season with bemused commentary from the national media. Bake until completely indigestible.

Feeds: one nation starved for intelligent public discourse.

...I tried it, and found it a little bitter.

So I added raisins.

***

I just checked Tessa's blog and found that she had posted this recipe... with the same title as the recipe above. I daresay hers will taste a darned sight better.

A(nother) Recipe For Disaster (by Tessa)

"I'm no cook. I eat toast, cereal and chocolate bars (Crunchie). I do, however, have a strange addiction to bagles with saurkraut, mozarella and feta cheese. This is a disgusting thing, I know. But I am in love with it.Nonetheless, I will share with you a recipe that's been passed down to me through generations.

Buy one bag of Hershey's milk chocolate chips. (NOT the dark ones, or the regular ones. Blecht!)

Use about 1/2 a cup less flour than the recipe on the back of the bag calls for.

Bake the cookies for about 1.5 minutes less than said recipe says. (In my oven that's about 7 minutes. But I have a gas oven and someone once told me that makes a difference. Whatever that means).

Voila!

They're are the the Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever in History. I swear. (And the raw dough is freakin' amazing too.)"

Thanks Tessa!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Philly M said...

Yup, WB, I can taste it now - I'm cinching up the gorge and holding my nose for the taste-test. Oh, right, we're already being force-fed this swill!

4:57 p.m.  
Blogger oakwriter said...

Excellent, cbcworkerbee!

Tessa, I'm still pondering the cookies...

T.K.

6:06 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home