My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Sunday, September 25, 2005

A Neutral Country

The CBC Credit Union in the Broadcast Centre has become a bit of a neutral zone. Locked out workers can enter from John St, and managers can enter from the orange elevator hallway. Inside, it is not possible to mingle, as the two areas are separate, but workers and managers can speak over the counter to one another. And apparently there have been a few heated exchanges.

As a result, staff in the credit union have begun locking the managers' door. If a manager shows up, they check to see who's standing on the locked-out side. If the locked out worker is a known hothead, and the manager is a known hothead, the door remains locked, and never the twain shall meet.

It is the managers who have to wait, though, not the locked out workers.

Note to managers:

Don't complain about being broke.

4 Comments:

Blogger Aigle De Nuit said...

If I may add two words:

"Don't complain about being broke..."(Or tired.) They don't know tired until they've gone to the 600-800 calorie mark (averaged over the week).

Especially the new ones... I (we) now know your colours..we see your behaviour on the line and know what you have been doing inside. I didn't make a list, but I know that some lists are being made.

My "VIP" list has changed...betcha $0.00 that most of us have a new list of "friends". I'm not talking about everyday job-descriptions but those people you'll go the extra mile for.

Oops! Oh yeah, after 3 years, I still don't have an official job description...Hmmmm.

How's your workstation running, Bee?

11:11 AM  
Blogger Cin said...

Aigle, how do you get a new keyboard, one without ten years of (other people's) grime in it?

And you're right about going the extra mile for someone. I know who I'll put out 150 per cent for now. And it has changed a bit.

I love the credit union people make the managers wait. Love it.

11:40 PM  
Blogger cbcworkerbee said...

My work station's working fine last I saw it, Aigle, because one of you fine folk made it so. :-)

Yeah, I like them Credit Union folks, Cindy. Hope you're feeling better, btw.

12:19 AM  
Blogger Cin said...

thanks, I am feeling a good deal better, bee. :-)

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home