My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Must... Stop... Blogging...


Nah.

I've noticed that several lock out bloggers have let their blogs slide, though, while others are starting to slip off topic. Hey, it's their blogs, their lives, more power to them. They might (gasp!) actually have lives. And who knows, maybe someday (thousands of years from now) I too might lose interest in this blog.

Umm... not to suggest that the lockout might last several thousand years. When the lockout's ended I just may continue this blog, make it a sort of an insider's critique of the CBC.

Right up until they fire my ass, that is.

In the meantime, it seems to me that the lock out blogs are (naturally) changing character somewhat. Tod Maffin and John Gushue are no longer doing their blog reduxes to the extent that they were, probably because:

A. it's too time consuming
B. they have lives, and
C. because Tessa Sproule is doing it for them. She also does it for the CBC On The Line page.

Instead, Tod and John are doing more the sort of thing that I do, which is to include salient links in the body of posts whenever doing so seems appropriate.

Other bloggers are falling off the map entirely, including Curious Monkey, which is odd, considering Curious Monkey got mentioned in the Globe (or the Star, or the Post, can't remember which) early on. Perhaps the exposure frightened monkey off. I jokingly chastised Dan Misener on the line yesterday for not updating his blog and he turned bright red and mumbled something about being in love, no time for blogs. Good on ya, Dan! And, famously, Ouimet is apparently giving up the ghost, attempting to hand off the baton to some other manager.

I scanned all the blogs tonight and spotted about a dozen, fifteen max (I wasn't really counting... I do actually have a life, you know) that had been recently updated, that looked like they had more than a smidgeon of life left to them. I won't tell you which ones, cause it's more fun just to wade through them all and see for yourself.

In another couple of weeks it'll just be us hard core bloggers left, blogging with anything resembling regularity.

And a week or two after that we'll be blogging from the inside.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey workerbee - responded to your latest post on binding arbitration and added a new topic i'd like you to think about.
scroll down when you get a chance and let me know what you think.

4:03 AM  
Blogger Aigle De Nuit said...

Hey Bee, (And I really don't know who you are...but I think I got "Drone" sussed...you related?.

"blogging from inside" under the same handle might be tricky. I hope this does end soon but I am also very concerned about the Endgame strategy and also a tad worried about repurcussions.

Just opening this up...maybe the better place for this would be email or BBS since only the truly sad gits read the comments to other people's blogs.
Aigle

9:48 AM  
Blogger cbcworkerbee said...

I'm worried enough about repurcussions to make myself somewhat anonymous, but it's mostly just paranoia. I don't think I'm doing anything too terrible here, just expressing a bit of frustration, keeping my morale up (and hopefully that of others). The Powers That Be would have to be petty indeed to bother to figure out who I am and then penalize me.

You can reach me at cbcworkerbee@gmail.com if you want to e-mail me to discuss it further.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Cin said...

Hey, workerbee, I'm still kicking in Yellowknife! My post are a little zany sometimes (like the muffin recipes), but I find the blog helps me to stay sane.

As for anonymity.... I've never tried to keep it, because most people in Yk could figure out who I am in a second. And as for repercussions.... I'm sick to death of worrying what management thinks of me. If they have a problem, they can formally disipline me. (shrug)

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home