My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Monday, September 12, 2005

Lockout Grows Annoying

Time to get back to work, folks. I've enjoyed the time off, I really have, so far the lockout's been everything I hoped it would be, but there's such a thing as too much of a good thing. Yes, I've got a lot done, I completely organized the big filing cabinet, fixed the fence, got lots of sunshine and exercise (infinite laps around the broadcast centre @ a quarter of a mile a lap), spent lots of quality time with the family, and cooked many a fine meal for said family, folks that ordinarily don't get a chance to eat with me during the week because it's a long, long commute and I usually don't get back home 'til after midnight or thereabouts. So there certainly have been plusses.

But the minuses are starting to add up. I'm starting to forget things. I'm not quite sure where my desk is anymore. What is it that I used to do inside? Something to do with the floors? My Swiss bank account manager called. It doesn't look good... soon I'm going to have to sell one of the chalets and trade in the Lamborghini. And that damned gnome is driving me nuts on the picket line... if I hear one more thing about his beard I'm going to rip it clean off his face.

I need to get back to work. My self esteem is plummeting; I'm starting to lose faith in my divinity. I've forgotten all my passwords. I felt a chill in the air yesterday... I can't picket in the cold (again). My feet hurt. I have a toothache. My hair is falling out (oh wait, no that happened years ago). I love my work (what I remember of it, anyway), and I can't wait to get back to it. So thanks for the vacation but I'm good now.

Really.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! I found your blog through CBC Unplugged. Some of my friends and I want to lend our support (and maybe coffee and samosas) to the locked-out workers. Do you know how late the Toronto pickets are up and whether they're up on the weekends?

In solidarity,

Rachel
Toronto IWW

7:58 p.m.  
Blogger cbcworkerbee said...

Hi Rachel,

Well, we'd really appreciate that. The pickets are up in Toronto twenty-four hours a day seven days a week. Less people to feed at night. :-) On Mondays you could find two, three hundred out there, by Sunday night it dwindles to less than a dozen. We'd love to see you and your friends out there anytime. Thanks!

8:56 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And email your MP, the Prime Minister, the CBC Board of Directors and Robert Rabinovitch.

That's Robert_Rabinovitch@cbc.ca

Tell them you want your CBC back!

9:04 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank to both of you! And I will definitely get with the e-mailing.

Rachel

9:08 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know what you mean! thats exactly how i felt on monday - and the sentiment was echoed by most, i guess monday was some sort of tipping point.

11:45 a.m.  
Blogger cbcworkerbee said...

Glad I'm not the only one...

4:19 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home