My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Today's Rumour

Read today in Curious Monkey's Blog (you'll find his/her link off to the left) that management is waiting a couple of weeks to post conditions. Course this rumour always crops up in these situations, there was a lot of discussion about it in the last CEP lockout and nothing ever came of it. There's always the possibility that it could get ugly (Curious Monkey threatened to become Mean Monkey) if this does in fact transpire and a few threaten to cross the line and others take exception to it.

The thing to remember in situations like this is to keep your cool. Hopefully if something like that happens the Guild will step up to the plate and help out those who feel that their financial straits are such that they have no choice but to cross the line. Or better yet CBC management won't actually stoop so low.

As for me, I went to the bank today and had my mortgage deferred for a bit, so I should be cool what with picket pay and all for the next little while.

And I was impressed to see that Tod Maffin (another link you'll see off to the left) quoted from this blog within a day of the creation of the blog... probably accounting for the hits I'm getting today. Everybody racing over to see what kind of nut is responsible for spreading such dumb ass rumours... hey, I didn't believe it any more than Tod.

Let's hope this posting conditions rumour is just as nutty.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tod Maffin said...

Hey... Yeah, the rumours are nuts, really. Although that one was a particularly funny one.

Tod

3:14 PM  
Blogger cbcworkerbee said...

I'm a sucker for the rumours... they do keep things interesting.

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home