My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Fanatics

Winston Churchill said a fanatic is somebody who won't change his mind and refuses to change the subject. Guess that makes me kind of a CBC/lockout fanatic, at least in Blog Land. I rarely bring the subject up elsewhere, leaving others to mention it first. The last two times out nobody ever mentioned it, not even family. It was weird, everybody was just busy with their own lives and later admitted that they thought about me and my family and the labour dispute, but just never got around to doing anything about it.

This time several people have e-mailed and lots of people bring it up when I meet them. People seem more conscious of this lockout, or so it seems to me.

I remember last time my department took up a collection for me and the rest of us locked out. It was nice of them and much appreciated.

Guess there ain't nobody left inside this time to do such a thing. Unless the managers want to get together and contribute some of their big fat overtime/struck work bonuses...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home